Return & Exchange Policies
When you purchase a cutting board from us, I want you to be absolutely satisfied with this lifetime investment. As such, we offer returns on all completely new and unused items within 30 days of purchase, while defective items will be replaced at no charge to you.
We charge a 20% flat restocking fee on all new and unused items. Please note that it will be the responsibility of the buyer to also pay for return shipping.
To initiate a return, please email me at email@example.com for a return authorization and further instructions.
- New products still in original packaging
- Products with defects
- Products damaged from shipping
- Incorrectly shipped items
Non-Returnable / Non-Refundable Products
- Any used product
- Gift Cards
- Custom orders
- International Orders
- Engraved products or engraving services
- Products with no verifiable proof of purchase from woodcuttingboardstore.com
- Boards that have gone through the dishwasher (we will know)
- Due to the nature of the sale, any custom, engraving or personalized order is non-refundable once paid for.
Return & Replacement Procedures
Damaged or Incorrect Orders
If your items(s) have been damaged during shipping, are defective or there are missing or incorrect items, you must notify me within 7 days of receiving the item(s) so that I can send a replacement. If I am not notified within 7 days, I reserve the right to refuse any damage or missing item claims after this period, as it becomes much harder for me to process shipping claims with the delay.
Please email me a description of the issue, photos are really helpful too. I will then issue a return and a return shipping label for you to send back your order. Upon receiving the return, we will send out a replacement product for you as quickly as possible.
Again, please notify me as soon as possible, as my window for filing an insurance claim is limited to 10 days. If I am notified of damaged or missing goods after 7 days, we will be unable to refund or replace your items.
Note: Defective or damaged items are not returnable for a refund and will only be replaced. We have this policy in place due to customers purposely damaging products to avoid paying return shipping fees for unwanted items.
All Other Returns
1) Review our return policy checklist above to ensure your order qualifies.
2) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RMA.
3) Put your order back into its original packaging and in the shipping container and include a copy of the your receipt, along with your RMA number.
4) Ship the package back to the specific address provided by our support staff.
Please note that woodcuttingboardstore.com will not be responsible for return shipping costs or lost shipments, so we highly advise you to use a shipping carrier with tracking and/or delivery insurance, especially with higher value items.
5) Once we have received the return, we will notify you by email and begin processing the return. It should take 3 to 5 business days to process and refunds will be put back onto the original payment method. A restocking fee of 20% will be assessed to cover our cost of shipping. Please note that shipping fees that were paid as part of the order are not refundable.
Your refund should show up on your billing statement within 1 to 2 cycles.
Returns sent in without prior RMA approval and not in brand new condition will not be refunded and/or disposed. New boards within the 35 day return period will be assessed a 18% restocking fee for the added time to research and process the return.
Why Restocking Fees?
As the premium maker of custom cutting boards, shipping is a major cost of doing business for me. After all, we’re sending big hunks of wood in the mail! We take time to pack our boxes extra well (bubble wrap, foam corners, wadded paper and special 200lb rated boxes).
On average, it costs us $25 to ship a $100 cutting board. Even for a $40 board, we take the same level of care and our shipping cost can still be $20 on that $40 board.
For this reason, we are forced to charge a restocking fee to cover the cost of shipping. We don’t like this any more than you, but our restocking fees are already subsidized below the actual cost, so that we help share in the cost of returns.
If your cutting board is simply too big or you don’t like the look of it for any reason, we do offer exchanges to make sure you’re happy. Our exchange process is fairly simple: we issue you a return label and you will be given store credit for the amount of your purchase, minus the return shipping cost. We do not charge a restocking fee on returns, so we share in the cost of shipping.
To arrange an exchange:
1) Contact email@example.com and let us know that you would like to return your item for store credit.
2) We will send a return label to you so that you can return your order
3) Once we receive your order, we will credit you with the value of your items purchased, minus return shipping fees. Note that any shipping charges paid originally will not be credited.